implementing and delivering ERP solutions for global businesses.
for contribution write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Prasad Patkar (see all)
- Oracle Applications Financials – Part 3 - July 4, 2017
- Oracle Applications Financials – Part 2 - July 4, 2017
- Oracle E-Business Suite – ERP For Beginners – Part 1 - July 3, 2017
Oracle Applications Financials
Oracle Applications Financials module falls under the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) category.
It provides a set of financial applications used internationally in businesses.
Oracle has grouped these applications into suites, which it defines as sets of common, integrated applications designed to execute specific business processes.
Architecture of Oracle Applications Financials
Oracle applications financials follows multi-tier architecture, for simplicity i am considering three tiers namely Desktop, Application and Database.
Following image depicts the architecture of Oracle Applications Financials.
The Desktop Tier
The client interface is provided through HTML for HTML-based applications, and via a Java applet in a Web browser for the traditional Forms-based applications.
In Oracle Applications Release 12, each user logs in to Oracle Applications through the E-Business Suite Home Page on a desktop client web browser. The E-Business Suite Home Page provides a single point of access to HTML-based applications, Forms-based applications, and Business Intelligence applications.
Oracle J-Initiator will no longer be required to run Oracle Forms in E-Business Suite Release 12. Oracle Forms in Release 12 will run directly in the native Sun Java 2 Standard Edition plug-in. The Forms client applet is a general-purpose presentation applet that supports all Oracle Applications Forms-based products, including those with customization’s and extensions.
The Forms client applet is packaged as a collection of Java Archive (JAR) files. The JAR files contain all Java classes required to run the presentation layer of Oracle Applications forms.
The application tier has a dual role: hosting the various servers and service groups that process the business logic, and managing communication between the desktop tier and the database tier.
This tier is sometimes referred to as the middle tier. Four servers or service groups comprise the basic application tier for Oracle Applications Web services
1. Forms services
2. Concurrent Processing server
3. Admin server
The Database Tier
The database tier contains the Oracle database server, which stores all the data maintained by Oracle Applications. The database also stores the Oracle Applications online help information.
More specifically, the database tier contains the Oracle data server files and Oracle Applications database executable that physically store the tables, indexes, and other database objects for your system.
The database server does not communicate directly with the desktop clients, but rather with the servers on the application tier, which mediate the communications between the database server and the clients.
Why prefer Oracle Application as Financial Suite
There are many vendors in market providing financial solutions for your businesses, then why to select only Oracle Applications as a financial suite for your business.
Following are few interesting facts which will help you understand capabilities and offerings of Oracle which will help you decide.
1. Oracle ERP has functionality to support the industry and follow best practices.
2. It follows the recommendation of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) and other Associations.
3. It has integrated architecture which works together with other modules.
4. It has configurations which are parameters able hence could be configured as per required.
5. Oracle ERP has strong Relational Database management system (RDBMS) and its link from application to database and vise-versa is seamless.
6. There are various interfaces available so that the legacy or external data can be imported into the system. And Oracle has also kept scope for personalisation and extensions in case of any changes required over
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $87.75Was: $99.99
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $49.99
- Price: $30.01Was: $44.00
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $29.00Was: $131.50